2020 Shootout Rules
1. The Northeast Florida Wahoo Shootout Tournament will run from Saturday, February 8, 2020 through Sunday, March 29, 2020.
2. Each boat will be eligible to fish a maximum of 3 days. The Captain must declare their fishing day no later than 9:00 pm the day before by notifying the tournament committee by email or text. You may email email@example.com or text 904-669-3417 to declare a fishing day.
3. The heaviest 3 fish aggregate will be the Northeast Florida Wahoo Shootout Winner.
4. Each boat will be eligible to weigh up to 2 Wahoo per day. If more than 3 fish are weighed through out the tournament, the smaller weights will be dropped.
5. You may leave and return from any inlet of your choice but may not deploy baits outside of the boundaries.
6. All fish must be weighed at Strike-Zone Fishing in Jacksonville or Melbourne, between 6:00 and 7:00 pm the day of fishing or between 9:00 and 11:00 am the next day except for Sunday, between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. No mutilated fish will be accepted.
7. This is a NO CHECKOUT TOURNAMENT. You may fish from 7:00 am till 5:00 pm. You must return to the inlet of your choice by 8:00 pm on your designated fishing day.
8. The Captain and crew of all entrants are subject to a polygraph at anytime during the tournament. Winning Captains WILL be required to submit and pass a polygraph test prior to being presented any prize. Failure to submit to a polygraph test automatically revokes all claims to prizes and disqualifies the Captain and crew from the tournament.
9. A maximum of 6 lines are allowed. No electric reels permitted for trolling any hooked bait or lure. Electric reels may be used for hookless teasers. Wire Lines are allowed. A digital photograph with the tournament issued boat number is required on the water after the fish has been landed.
10.The winner of the Northeast Florida Wahoo Shootout does not have to weigh 3 fish. If a boats 2 fish are heavier than another boats 3 then the boat with the most weight will be declared the winner. In the event of identical weights for any aggregate category, the tie will be broken on the teams largest fish of those weighed in. In the category of largest fish, the tie will be broken upon earliest weighed fish.
11. You may undeclare a fishing day for whatever reason by 8 am via cell phone or email of the declared fishing day one time for mechanical failure if a line has not been deployed. You may undeclared multiple times due to weather before leaving the inlet. You may substitute a boat once if the substitute boat is not registered in the tournament.
12. Use of flying drones during this tournament is allowed.
13. Only one prize per boat excluding Tournament-Within-A-Tournament (TWT).
14. Boundary is latitude 28.15.000 South and 31.50.000 North. All boats must fish in the Atlantic Ocean in US waters.
15. All decisions by tournament committee are final.
16. Entry Fee: $550 until December 31st. $600 until January 31st. $750 through February 7th.
The Captains Meeting – Kickoff Party
will be Saturday, February 1, 2020 – 4:00pm at
St. Augustine Rod & Gun Club
401 Gun Club Road • St. Augustine, Florida 32095
17. All declared boats must check in by phone call with Paul Dozier (904) 669-3417 by 8:00 pm on their declared day of fishing.
18. Tournament reserves the right to refuse entry of any captain at it’s discretion.
50 Days to Choose From
February 8, 2020 Thru March 29, 2020